Implementation of mDLs is being supported by a broad ecosystem of state issuers, industry groups, driver’s license technology providers, mobile technology providers, security providers, testing organizations, and relying parties including retailers, financial institutions and government security agencies. This page provides links to industry resources that are relevant for mDL implementations.
- Draft International Standard ISO 18013-5, “Personal Identification — ISO-Compliant Driving Licence — Part 5: Mobile Driving Licence (mDL) application.”
- Mobile Driver’s License Functional Needs White Paper, 9 Document Version
- Frequently Asked Questions for Law Enforcement
- Other mDL resources are available from AAMVA, but require member login
- Principles for the Implementation and Use of Biometrically Enabled Mobile Identity Credentials, International Biometrics + Identity Association, March 2020
If you or your organization have resources or materials on mDL emergence, technology, implementation considerations or otherwise that would be a good fit for our Knowledge Center, please review the submission guidelines.